I thought it would be nice to give you a foretaste of what's going to hit you when RestrainedLife 1.10 is out.
Yes, 1.10, not 1.05, because there will be so many new features that I think it's more like a major version, going way beyond what I had expected for it at first. Don't take this list for granted, everything in there works already except when said otherwise, but don't expect command lines as I could change them prior to release. There is no ETA either, but it's looking good already. And things that are "not done yet" can stay "not done" on release, depending on the time I have.
And when I mention a "force" feature, keep in mind it won't bypass whatever restriction applies to the object or the avatar. For instance, you can't force someone to remove all clothes if they are subject to the "prevent removing clothes" rule. In two words, "force" does not supersede "prevent".
I'll make it quick, here we go :
* Prevent wearing and removing clothes (yes, textures), per layer (shirt, undershirt, pants...) or as a whole.
* Give out the layers occupation the same way it is done with the version, on a given chat channel. The viewer answers 0 (empty) or 1 (worn), without disclosing the name of the clothes (*)
* Force removing clothes. Nasty. There will be no "force wearing clothes", though, as this requires to get them from the target's inventory (*). Perhaps a "force last worn clothes", in case of a mistake, just for convenience, but don't hold your breath.
* Prevent from opening inventory. That's extreme, but it's there. If one or more inventory windows are open when the restriction takes effect, they close automatically and won't reopen.
* Prevent from reading notecards. Yet another popular request, this feature will be loved or hated, depending on people. It does not prevent you from receiving them, but from reading them (and previewing them when received). It won't close all the notecards you had already opened though, for security reasons.
* Force sit on an object (by UUID). I had no idea about how to do it until Shinji Lungu suggested me a clever hack, which works wonders. Thank you Shinji !
* Force unsit.
* Prevent standing up : well of course. How many people requested that one, I don't know. It also prevents you from sitting elsewhere. When you sit on a cross and get chained, you'll stay where you are, period. (right now I'm sitting on a stupid plywood cube at home and I cannot lift my ass away from it. lol).
* Prevent using any non-zero chat channel except some
* Lock an attach point empty to prevent attaching anything to it, or all the attach points (cancelled, it's feasible another way)
* Force detaching whatever is worn on attach point X, or all the attach points (not done yet)
* Give out the list of attach points that are occupied by something, without giving out names, very much like the clothes
* Prevent customizing the teleport invite and reading customized invites sent by others, to go along with NoSendIM and NoReceiveIM.
* Garbage collector for orphaned restrictions (when the object that created them is unrezzed but hasn't removed its restrictions) (not done yet)
* Secure way to send commands to an avatar through object IMs. That's a very important feature that I would like to discuss with some people, I'll even post something about it here before releasing, as it's supposed to be secure but I want to be sure. (not done yet)
* And a couple of bugfixes and loopholes that I will, of course, keep unsaid. Thanks to the people who told me about them !
(*) You'll find out I'm very careful about disclosing private information, even the name of the clothes you wear, and I don't want to mess with the inventory in any way either. I could do it but I won't, because I don't want the viewer to go against the ToS. I hope you understand.
Edit : Updated the "not done yet" features to either "done" or "cancelled", and added new features at the end