Here is an update for an annoying bug occurring in the Mousewheel, Treadmill and all the MG carts when changing a configuration while under heavy lag. Sometimes the animations wouldn't play, sometimes the objects wouldn't be given correctly... and it would work when done a second time.
This was due to a race condition that wouldn't occur in healthy sims, but under heavy lag the timing wasn't good enough, so this fix should correct that.
The products that are impacted are :
- Phaeton (both of them)
The Mousewheel and Treadmill seemed especially sensitive to this bug, but since the scripts are exactly the same as the carts, I don't see why the carts should be exempt.
To update your carts and/or treadmill and mousewheel, simply rez the updater contained in the folder on the ground and wait, you will receive a new box a moment later. Leave the updater alone, it destroys itself after a while.
You receive a new box but you might not want to re-rez everything, especially if you've made substantial modifications to your device. I'm thinking about carts in pony sims like PFS, FFF and FPR, for instance. So if you do not want to have to modify everything yourself again, here is what you can do :
1. Get the updated device (carts or whatever)
2. Take a copy of the following script from root prim of the new device, into your inventory :
*Chariot / *Dogcart1 / *Mousewheel1 / *Phaeton2 / *Phaeton4 / *Sulky / *Treadmill1
3. Edit one of the seats (for example where a pony sits) and take a copy of the "Seat" script into your inventory.
4. If there is a "GiveItemsAndWear", take a copy of it too (it is in the mousewheel and the treadmill only).
5. Edit the root prim of your old device and replace its main script ("*Chariot", "*Dogcart1" etc) with the one you took from the root prim of the old device.
6. Edit the seats of the old device separately, one by one. For each one of them, replace the Seat and GiveItemsAndWear (if it exists there) with the ones in your inventory. Some devices have a lot of seats (Chariot and Phaeton 4 particularly), you need to replace them all. Press Ctrl Alt T to see the seats in red so you don't miss any. In the Phaetons and the Dogcart, the cage is a separate seat that needs to be updated as well, but if you forget it that's not an problem. In fact, the seats that you must update are the ones where a pony sits, as the passengers, driver and prisoner do not change animations when the config changes, so they are not impacted by the bug.
Have fun !