As promised, here is the update of all the RealRestraint products up to v1.25, with three main features and many bug fixes and small improvements !
This update is quite big, and some products will require a full replacement, while others will do nicely with a soft update (when you click "UPDATE" on the menu instead of "REPLACE"). A RR Anim HUD is included in the update folder, so you don't need to replace the armbinder to get the new HUD.
The products that just need a soft update and do not need a replacement are :
- Scarf blindfold
- Body harness
- Isolation Hood
- Restrained Elegance (collar only)
- Serious Shackles (collar only)
- Slave crate
- Straps arms
- Tape gag & blindfold
- Vixen leather training set (collar only)
And the products that do require a replacement (because of new animations and some slave scripts being updated) are :
- Police handcuffs
- Police legirons
- Pretty Mummy (all of it, gag and blindfold included due to slave scripts having changed) (*)
- Restrained Elegance (except collar)
- Serious Shackles (except collar)
- Shibari arms
- Shibari legs
- Siren arms
- Siren legs
- Straps legs
- Vixen leather training set (except collar)
Normally, if I did my job correctly, you should not see an "UPDATE" button if your product is part of that second list, but you will necessarily see "REPLACE" since that product has been identified properly. But if you do see an "UPDATE" button and your product is part of that second list, DO NOT PRESS IT. Although the product would still work afterwards, it would not have the new animations, therefore it would not be recognized as a retail product in a future update anymore.
(*) For the Pretty Mummy set, the warning stated above is not entirely true. You can still choose "UPDATE" on it and it will not break future update attempts, because only a slave script has been changed, which makes no difference to the updater. You will not benefit from most of the changes specific to this set, that's all (but you will still benefit from the changes to the core scripts, like the RLV 2.9 features for the blindfold, the new feature on the Anim HUD, the new Vulnerable plugin, etc).
Here is the list of what has changed :
Firstly, following the release of RLV 2.9 and its new camera commands, the restraints now use these new commands to make blindfolds much more enjoyable. Instead of simply moving a prim in front of your view to blind you totally, you will now be blinded "selectively" : the tighter the tie, the smaller the area you can see around you (but you can still see yourself), beyond it will be just black (or mostly opaque for the three lower locks, "Blurry", "Very thin" and "Thin"). More so, the three upper locks ("Medium", "Tight" and "Opaque" will remove the texture of everything around you, so you can only guess what you're touching. In "Opaque', you will really have to hug the walls to actually have a clue where you are going. But it's better than not seeing anything at all, right ? Also the upper locks will turn people into silhouettes, unless they are really really close, to enhance the feeling.
Secondly, a new plugin, called "Vulnerable" is added to all the arms restraints, and only them (not collars, gags, blindfolds or legs restraints). The gist of it is simple : when your arms are bound, you are more vulnerable than when they are not (well, duh), so anyone can do things to you without you being able to resist. Namely, they can strip you by force, make you wear things (but not lock the outfits on you), they can force you onto some furniture, and they can snap a chain to lead you around. But the latter two features will not be available if you are already locked down on a furniture by the keyholder, or leashed by the keyholder, respectively, to avoid breaking their set up. This plugin, as discussed in earlier threads, has two toggles : one for the sub to allow the dom/me to make them vulnerable (they are not by default), the other to actually make the sub vulnerable when tied. That way, the sub is vulnerable only if she and her top wish so.
Thirdly, the ability for anyone who owns a RR anim HUD (that's anyone who wants, since that HUD is copy/mod/transfer, just ask the sub to give you a copy of it) to actually command the animations and poses of the nearest sub around. Even if she is not tied by them ! More so, the top can even "freeze" the sub in place, i.e. make her unable to change her position herself. This simulates the fact that once bound, a sub can be rolled over or held in place forcibly, and she cannot resist. More power to the dom/mes ! Attention, the sub needs to have a RR product v1.25 or above, or it won't let the HUD (even the updated one) control it. The feature takes place in both the Anim HUD and the Anim plugin.
Aside from these new features, there is a number of smaller changes and fixes that I hope will satisfy everyone :
* Autolock :
- changed : Prevent access to the wearer while the plugin is running and there are macros waiting to be executed.
- changed : The countdown is now hidden by default.
- fixed : The first macro run after a reset would execute immediately, due to a faulty timestamp check.
- fixed : Setting a timer on a macro didn't reset any existing timer when executed, resulting in ever-growing timers when stuck in a loop.
* Anim plugin :
- fixed : Possible infinite loop in some rare cases, resulting in the plugin freezing, but not crashing.
- fixed : Struggling animations did not default well, resulting in struggling not moving at all while it should, on some restraints.
- fixed : Prevent the plugin from saying "LABEL : 1/1" when changing the pose while it is unlocked.
- fixed : Do not change the avatar height offset automatically when sitting on something.
* Unlockable :
- fixed : "keys on" was written instead of "loosened"
* All arms restraints :
- added : The new "Vulnerable" plugin for forcing the sub while not having the key (see above).
- added : New groups of poses for the "hands back" locks, with the hands crossed higher behind the back, with a more relaxed look. It's quite sexy.
- changed : The RealRestraint_Base.1 script now uses RLV 2.9 features (only if the user is on a RLV 2.9 or above), which means when forced to Mouselook, the avatar is actually locked into Mouselook, with no way out of it.
- changed : When /77 is off, clicking on the RR HUD (when blocked) will not go to the main menu any longer, nor using "menu" button on the RR Anim HUD. Careful, this means a sub can really find herself stuck now, but this is desirable in some situations.
* All legs restraints :
- added : The 3 legs poses from the Pretty Mummy set (lie straight up, lie up with the back arched, lie down with the knees bent 90°).
- changed : Replaced all the "TTSd" (standing straight in "Tight") animations by the newer, sexier one from the Pretty Mummy set.
* All blindfolds :
- changed : The RealRestraint_Base.2 script now uses RLV 2.9 features (only if the user is on a RLV 2.9 or above), which means no more HUD covering the screen, the blindfolds will now be much more enjoyable !
- changed : When /77 is off, clicking on the RR HUD (when blinded and not on RLV 2.9 yet) will not go to the main menu any longer. Careful, this means a sub can really find herself stuck now, but this is desirable in some situations.
* Siren ropes :
- changed : Make the Style and SirenTex plugins back to "keyholder only", since the sub is not supposed to be able to change the ropes after having been bound. It was made that way as a convenience, but it confused many people and was not very realistic. Plus, the Pretty Mummy set did not work that way anyway, so here is a little consistency across different products.
- changed : The Style plugin won't change the style when the same lock is chosen repeatedly. Once again I had done this that way for convenience, but it was just confusing and sometimes frustrating. Now if you want to change the style of the ropes, just use the Style plugin.
* Armbinder, Ball gag, Scarf blindfold, Shibari ropes, Tape gag & blindfold, Vixen set :
- changed : Make the BinderTex, Color this, Color all, ShibariTex, TapegagTex, TapeblindTex and VixenTex plugins (respectively) back to "keyholder only", since the sub is not supposed to be able to change the restraints after having been bound. It was made that way as a convenience, but it confused many people and was not very realistic. Plus, the Pretty Mummy set did not work that way anyway, so here is a little consistency across different products.
* Pretty Mummy :
- added : Some struggle anims from other ropes sets.
- added : Now the "Cover ears" plugin has an "IM blockable" button, unset by default, to allow the dom/me to block the IMs or not, just like the Isolation Hood. That way the sub will not have her incoming IMs blocked if she doesn't want to.
- added : The Style plugins of the gag and blindfold allow to hide and show the wads of cloth in the mouth and on the eyes respectively. This allows, for example, to wear a ballgag or a disc blindfold under the tape. The effect is quite nice !
- changed : The "Very funny" plugin hides the drawings by default.
- changed : The sounds now depends on the chosen tie, but also on the tie the restraint was on. For example, unlocking the gag from "Loose" (where only the wad of cloth shows in the mouth) will sound like removing the fabric, while unlocking it from "Tight" will sound like removing tape, plastic, latex or cloth.
- changed : Now one can only change the color and opacity of the parts of the set they have control on. For example, if the sub is tied in "mummy" in both the arms and legs, she won't be able to change the color of the body fabric by using the MummyTex plugins on the gag or blindfold.
- changed : The modifiers and costs for the Wriggle plugins of the set have been lowered, to make it easier to switch from standing to lying and back.
* Body Harness :
- added : Now the harness has the Outfit, Wear and Unwear plugins so you can force the sub to wear and unwear clothes, and prevent her from wearing or removing certain outfits. For example, it can be used to lock a catsuit on, since it is locked over it.
* Lockable_Plugins :
- changed : Now each page shows 9 plugins and the favorites are gone. It was confusing and took too much room anyway.
* RealKey plugin :
- changed : Modified to take the Vulnerable plugin into account.
* Touch :
- changed : When prevented from touching one's own attachments, the restraint will not have the "touchme" exception to it, so the sub has to use the /77 channel (if allowed).
* Outfit :
- changed : When accessed from Vulnerable (i.e. the user is not authorized to use this restraint, but Vulnerable gives them limited access), the buttons that control the restrictions ("Unshared", "Wear", "Unwear" etc) are not visible.
* Leash :
- changed : When accessed from Vulnerable (i.e. the user is not authorized to use this restraint, but Vulnerable gives them limited access), if the sub is already leashed by the keyholder, this plugin won't be available to the user.
* Sit :
- changed : When accessed from Vulnerable (i.e. the user is not authorized to use this restraint, but Vulnerable gives them limited access), if the sub is already tied down on a furniture by the keyholder, this plugin won't be available to the user.
There are four updaters in-world. Go to one of these locations, spot the updater (it looks like a black orb with stars, floating above some kind of pedestal), and click on it. The rest will be explained on site.
My little shop : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Pak/76/61/105
The Little Shop of Kink : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lineside/102/146/77
S&M Castle : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Free%20Bird/38/149/39
(near my vendor, you need to walk a little)
Roper's Dark Playground : http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Amber%20Bay/135/57/28
(not easy to spot, for the time being it is located on the right of the main structure, the black castle)
Have fun !
PS : It is very likely that you will get an error when trying to update your Pretty Mummy set. This error will say something like "Task 'RR Update orb' trying to illegally load script onto task 'Mummy MAIN XXX'". If this happens to you, fret not, this is not your fault but mine : it is all due to the original Request script (the one contained in each of the four main parts of the set) being faulty, it does not open a slot for the updater to modify its contents. Without this opening, the update cannot proceed and you're stuck. To fix this, all you have to do is to delete the Request script from the part you are trying to update and to put the one contained in the folder you get when you click on the updater. Do not delete anything else, of course. Once done, you may try to update again and it will work this time. I'm very sorry for the trouble, and there is nothing I can do to fix this automatically, since such a fix would require an update anyway. It's like locking yourself out of your own house !