Seems some people have found ways to "cheat" through blindfolds (well not exactly cheat, they couldn't see clearly, but some tricks allowed them to get clues about their environment that they weren't supposed to get), so more work was required on the RLV. Here is the latest version with the fixes to these loopholes !
- fixed : Semi-transparent attachments worn by other avatars would show through the vision spheres if they had materials. Now they are rendered only when close enough, like particles.
- fixed : Editing and highlighting objects could make them render through the vision spheres, now there is no highlighting anymore when the vision is restricted (but you can still edit stuff, just... less easily).
- fixed : Removed a loophole that could allow the user to edit an object even when @edit was active, under some very specific conditions.
- fixed : When the vision is restricted, don't let the user capture the depth buffer on snapshots.
- fixed : The viewer was slowed down by some unnecessary object updates when receiving or removing restrictions (it was noticeable when receiving bursts of RLV commands), even those that had nothing to do with vision restrictions.
As usual, you can grab the viewer here :
And the MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :
Have fun !