Here is the latest version of the RLV with many bug fixes (including a very annoying one about Bento attachments that deform in goofy ways), and up-to-date with the latest code from Linden Lab.
Here is the list of changes, I'll develop a little on a couple of them after that :
- fixed : While wearing a Bento-compatible attachment and detaching something else, the Bento attachment could get deformed. The fix is not really a fix but a workaround that resets the skeleton when receiving an appearance update message, which also solves other similar problems with attachments that deform the skeleton (Bento or not).
- fixed : When under @unsharedunwear, we couldn't detach clothes or physics even when they were in the #RLV folder.
- fixed : When @showinv is active, there was a way to get access to the inventory anyway (or rather a view of it) (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).
- fixed : @shownames_sec did not work at all (thank you Keiyra Aeon for the report).
- fixed : "Zoom In" defeated @camunlock (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).
- fixed : When blocked from changing group, being invited to a group changed to the new group anyway. The fix for this is to not allow to join a new group when under @setgroup, because otherwise the change is dictated by the server (thank you Aida Beorn for the report).
- fixed : When under @showloc, there was a way to still get the information about where we were (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).
- fixed : @shownames broke urls with spaces in them (thank you Chorazin Allen for the heads-up).
- fixed : When someone else wore a HUD imitating their name, when that HUD was speaking we would not see the chat in white as if it were a regular attachment (thank you sungim for the report).
- fixed : When under @sendim, don't allow attaching custom messages to payments (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).
- fixed : When under @recvim, don't allow seeing custom messages attached to received payments (thank you riejinno for the heads-up).
- fixed : When sitting and under @sittp or @standtp, don't allow moving the object we are sitting on, and only it (it used to be any object that anyone was sitting on, which was confusing).
The Bento bug was the worst one to track and fix, and the fix is not really one. The problem was when wearing at least one Bento attachment (like the VaJayJay vagina) and something else, and detaching that something else.
If that other attachment was not a HUD, not only you but any observer using the RLV would see the Bento attachment become stretched beyond reasonable, vertices going all over the place. If it was a HUD, only you saw the issue.
This bug occurs only in the RLV and any viewer that uses my code, so there is a good chance that it comes from a mistake of mine... but at the same time, it could come from another source. I've never actually found the real cause of this problem and not wanting to spend a week tracking it, I decided to code a workaround, something to fix the consequences of the bug instead of the bug itself. I know it's bad. Please don't tell anyone. But at least it works.
The "fix" is to force a "Reset Skeleton" action on the avatar that has just detached an object once the detach is confirmed by the sim... and that's it. It may actually also "fix" other problems like attachments that deform your skeleton in the first place.
About the @setgroup issue, for now it prevents you from joining a group (don't worry, it cancels the join before you pay so you don't lose money), but I know it is not ideal. I will keep working on it in the future and try to automatically switch back to the old group when joining the new one so you don't waste time.
One last thing, this viewer is the "hardcore" version of it, because over the past few months, the feedback I got was overwhelmingly in favor of it (like 10 against 1). So I pretty much think I'll take the hardcore route now.
You can grab the Windows version here :
If the link above doesn't work, here is an alternate one :
The MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :
Have fun !