Here is the latest version of the RLV with a few bug fixes and an improvements that will hopefully help you as much as it helps me.
Here is the list of changes :
- changed : When minimized, the icon of the viewer will no longer flash when someone is just typing in IM, it will still flash when receiving the actual message.
- changed : Force a rebake (and an Current Outfit Folder check) after TPing. This should help with the "lost attachments" bug that occurs sometimes, where what is in the COF and what you wear is not in sync, causing trouble when you relog.
- fixed : The viewer was slowing down when receiving a lot of RLV commands at the same time. It was due to Kokua's RLV floaters refreshing themselves even when hidden, thank you Chorazin Allen for looking into it and fixing it.
- fixed : Alpha-blended rigged attachments are no longer rendered beyond the vision restriction spheres at all, and this time it does not distinguish between materials, non-materials, fullbright, shiny and all that stuff.
- fixed : Set MAX_ATTACHMENT_REQUEST_LIFETIME back to 30 s. I had changed it to 3600 s (one hour) to make sure attachments requests would not time out on relog, but it did more harm than good.
As you can see, I'm hoping that the "objects getting detached after a TP" bug will go away, and after two days of TPing all over the place with nearly all my attachments slots taken, I can say that I didn't get any such bug, even after a few relogs. Of course, this bug being random means you can never be 100% sure it is fixed for good, so we'll see in the long run.
There's also the alpha-blended rigged surfaces rendering over the vision restriction spheres. This was due to the optimization in RLV 2.9.25. I've optimized a little more and fixed that pesky bug.
Oh and about the icon flashing, if that changes annoys too many people, I will add a debug setting in a future version. For now, this is just a convenience change because why flash the icon when somebody is just typing (or stopped typing), especially when there is no open IM session with this person, right ? It annoys be when someone is typing a long-winded request in IM (like, it literally takes 10 minutes to type) while I'm working on something else, because my icon is flashing the whole time and I can't get anything done since I am distracted by this. This change is meant to fix this.
You can grab the Windows version here :
The MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :