Here is an update to all the RealRestraint products, up to 1.28.2. This update is mainly focused on bug fixes, but also some nice enhancements to all the gags (I will update the Gag plugin tutorial later to reflect the changes).
Before jumping to the release notes, please know that I am fully aware of how painful it is to adjust your products to your shape every time a new update comes up. I know, because I have to do it several times per release and update. This is why I'm trying to include ways for you to avoid resizing when not absolutely necessary, whenever possible. This particular update will spare you from replacing most of your products anyway, and for those that need a replacement (namely the Deluxe Gag, Deluxe Bridle, Mummy Gag, Mummy Blindfold, Highbinder and Deluxe Straps legs), I will explain how to work around that, but it will require a little editing on your part.
On to the release notes first. Whenever a feature (or bug fix) is highlighted in blue, it means that you need to replace the restraint to benefit from it, but you will be able to use the old secondary items (the secondary items are the ones that do not contain the core scripts of the set, they make for most of the product and most of the resize time too). Otherwise a simple update (when given the option) will be sufficient and you won't have to adjust that product at all. The list below indicates what this update brings in terms of features, knowing that a number of it impact all or some of the RR products. It is followed by a table that specifies which restraints need an update and which ones need a replacement. To be perfectly clear, each feature is identified by a number so you know what you get with what restraint. It is a little formal but at least it is clearer that way.
A. All restraints
- When struggling out, the struggle animation wouldn't stop itself, or the bind animation wouldn't stop itself. Fixed.
- Autolock : "Pause/Run/Loop" button was confusing, the user couldn't guess whether it was an action (a state change) or a state. Replaced with "Paused/Running/Looping" respectively.
B. All arms restraints, Body Harness and collars
- Outfit plugin : "Mode: deny" stops issuing the "no-detach" and "no-attach" RLV commands, which could be problematic in case an attachment wouldn't show up after logging on (it happens). Instead, that button now issues a "no-detach" command if the folder was attached (even partially) when pressed, and a "no-attach" otherwise. This makes it much friendlier and reslient to bugs when logging on. If you're missing a locked attachment when logging on, you can just wear it again, the Outfit plugin won't prevent you anymore (but it will prevent you from removing it, as it should).
C. All legs restraints
- Although they tried not to conflict with each other, wearing two sets of legs restraints (for example, Deluxe Straps and Vixens), locking one, unwearing the other, unlocking and unwearing the first one then wearing the second one could confuse the latter and make it think it should not trigger an animation or movement.
D. All gags
- New : The gags can now act as renamers. Simply click on "Rename" on the plugin menu and enter a name. Leave empty and validate to go back to the original captive's display name. This was a popular request.
- New : The gags can now issue a @startim RLV restriction, which prevents the captive from starting an IM session with someone, but does not prevent them from IMing on already open sessions, or with people who initiate an IM session with the captive. Click on the "Start IM" toggle to turn it on and off.
- New : Option for secure RLV restrictions. When the "Exceptions" toggle is on, other attachments such as an RR collar with its Allow plugin can issue exceptions to the "Send IM" restriction. When "Exceptions" is off, they can't, the gag is secure.
- When the keyholder wants to restrict the captive's ability to IM, they can do so without having to give the key back to the captive first if "IM blockable" wasn't set prior to it. It simply asks the captive on-the-fly and activates the restriction if she agrees. This acts very much like the Vulnerable plugin, making it more streamlined.
- Revamped the Gag plugin menu completely to make it clearer and more up-to-date. The menu varies greatly according to whether you are using a RLV or not.
- Respect the verbose/silent setting of the main script.
- Let the captive drool only if "drooling" is on and if other worn gags allow it too. That way the captive can be gagged with a ring gag and a tape gag over it, she won't drool even if the ring gag is set to drool.
- Remove the "emote" RLV command when the gag is worn but unlocked, or locked without garbling the speech.
- When locked with the mouth open, the gag now issues a Lelutka command to automatically open the mouth of the Lelutka mesh head (if the user wears one, and if the head can open its mouth). Please note that this feature is untested as I do not own a Lelutka head myself. But if it doesn't work, the fix will be rather easy. Thank you Christel Triellis for the idea.
- Suppressing the emotes had no effect (the bug appeared in 1.28.1). Fixed.
- The emotes were being whispered again. Fixed again.
E. Ropes & tape restraints
- When loosened, don't show "key on" on the menu, show "loosened" instead.
F. Vulnerable plugin
- After an autolock triggers while the key are tossed away, Vulnerable would not give access to the Leash, Sit and Outfit plugins anymore. Fixed.
- Being hogtied with RR legs restraints didn't make a chain go to the Highbinder. This was because of a missing line in its LockGuard config notecard. (1)
H. Deluxe Straps Arms & Legs
- StrapTex plugins : The "Rustic med" preset wasn't specified correctly and wasn't doing anything. This was already fixed in v1.28.1 of the Basic Straps (the new mesh version of them) but the Deluxe Straps had that bug.
I. Deluxe Straps Legs
- The shin binder's straps looked curved instead of flat (even though its geometry was flat). Had to re-upload the mesh after splitting its edges for a flat look (2).
j. Siren ropes legs
- The ankle rope wasn't changing texture along with the rest of the ropes. (3)
- There was no leash point on the "Hogtie open" tie. (4)
K. Mummy gag
- Locking the Deluxe Gag underneath the Mummy gag would confuse its visual part. (5)
L. Mummy blindfold
- Locking the Deluxe Blindfold underneath the Mummy blindfold would confuse its visual part. (6)
M. Deluxe Gag
- Re-use the two-part mesh strap that was hidden inside the mouth, to let it show when locked in Harness Panel with a Wad Style. Thank you Kitana Solo for the idea. (7)
N. Deluxe Bridle
- Allow the user to completely hide the bridle even when the gag is locked, so you don't have to unlock it and unwear the bridle anymore. The bridle will now be completely hidden if the Plumes, Blinders and Ears are all hidden. (8)
Below is a table indicating which product to update and which one to replace, depending on the features you want. And for each product that must be replaced, a pointer to a section (below the table) that explains how to avoid adjusting everything.
The numbers you see in the features list and in the table all point to the workarounds explained here below :
To avoid having to replace and resize this product, simply update it normally instead of replacing it, then edit its contents while it is unlocked. Locate the "LockGuard V2 Config" notecard in it, open it and add "ID rwrist3" on its own line, after the line "ID rwrist2".
It should look like this after modifying it :
Save it and you're all set.
2/I. Deluxe Straps legs
You can't avoid replacing this product, but you don't have to adjust everything again. Since replacing the product means emptying the root item from its scripts (in the case of the Deluxe Straps legs, it is the right lower leg item), you will have to use the new one, but all the other secondary items remain untouched. In the case of this particular bug fix, the shin binder straps that looked curved (its shine only, the actual geometry was already flat), simply use the new left lower leg item instead of the old one, same for the right lower leg item (since the old one is empty). Keep using the other old secondary items, and you're fine, you only have to resize two items.
3/J. Siren ropes legs
Same thing as above, the right lower leg (the root item) will be emptied from its scripts so you will need to use and resize the new one, and the secondary item named "Hobble rope (right hand)" is modified so you will need to use the new one as well (but not resize it as it is rigged).
4/J. Siren ropes legs again
Well if you replaced the product in 3/J, you automatically get this feature since it involved modifying the name of a script inside one of the child prims of the root item "Ankle rope (r lower leg)".
5/K. Mummy gag
I merely renamed the script "Lockable_Master.tapegag" into "Lockable_Master.mummygag" and "Lockable_Slave.tapegag" into "Lockable_Slave.mummygag". I packaged the slave script in a box named "Mummy slave scripts", that box is included in the folder the updater gives you when you click on it. If you want to avoid resizing the visual part of the gag, the one named "Mummy mouth (mouth)", simply take the "Lockable_Slave.mummygag" script out of the box and put it into your gag part, taking out the Lockable_Slave.tapegag script first.
6/L. Mummy blindfold
Exactly the same thing as above, but with the "Lockable_Slave.mummyblindfold" script to put inside the "Mummy eyes (nose)" item.
7/M. Deluxe Gag
This one is tricky but you can do it. In order to benefit from this feature without having to resize it all (because it is difficult to resize and the Copy/Paste shape scripts are easily confused with it, due to prims being very close in position and size), you have to rez your Deluxe Gag on the ground or to wear it, press Ctrl-Alt-T to see invisible objects, and edit it with Edit Linked Parts checked on the Edit window.
Locate the double prim named "$5+8:1/0" about in the middle of the object, inside the head when it is worn. It looks like two small straps.
Once you have it, rename it "$5wj+8wj:1/0". If you wonder about the bizarre names, they are actually formulas that specify when those prims must be shown and when they must be hidden, according to all kinds of situations. Here it means "if the gag shows the wad part and if the jaw strap is visible, then this double strap must be visible too, otherwise it must be hidden". Once done, pick up your gag and you're good.
8/N. Deluxe Bridle
The principle is the same. Rez your Deluxe Bridle on the ground or wear it, press Ctrl-Alt-T to see it as it is invisible, check "Edit Linked Parts" and select the strap prims one by one. Not the plumes, the ears or blinders, only the leather parts. I have highlighted for you the ones you need to select here (but you have to select them one by one, not all of them like I did) :
Add " $!d!e!p:0" to the name of each one of them (put it at the end, after the existing name, don't forget the space, don't remove the original name). You don't have to reset. In this formula, "d" means "blinders", "e" means "ears" and "p" means "plumes". If all of them are hidden, then the whole bridle is hidden. Easy. Now pick it up and you're ready to go !
That's all !
You can find an updater at the following places in-world :
My little shop
The Little Shop of Kink
Roper's Dark Playground
Chorazin's main store
It looks like an orb floating above a pedestal, just click on it and follow the instructions.
Have fun !