Following right on the tracks of the last update to RemVision, here is yet another update, this time to crush most of the remaining bugs and more importantly to make all the older movies (mainly Gina's adventures) compatible with RemVision at last ! In fact, most of the bugs fixed here could not occur until one tried to play one of the older movies, due to some specificities that are proper to their tracks.
- Changed : When the screen is set to "small", move it a tad up or down towards the middle of the screen to avoid hiding the subtitles under an hypothetical button bar (that's mainly for the SL viewer and the RLV, I don't know how it fares in other viewers, that depends on whether the 3D viewport includes the lower bar buttons or not).
- Changed : When clicking on the screen, zoom in to 2x regardless of the initial size.
- Changed : The wearer cannot zoom out lower than 2x anymore (therefore they cannot make the screen smaller than it is set to be).
- Changed : When dragging the screen, it won't allow drag in a way that what was hidden behind it before could be viewed. For example, if the screen is set to take the whole view and is not "small", the wearer cannot drag it out of the way to see what's behind it anymore.
- Fixed : Starting an animated picture showed the whole texture (with all the frames) for a split second.
- Fixed : When the movie is running but does not display a picture, do not display a picture on the lenses either.
- Fixed : "Could not find sound '1'" error from the screen when attempting to play one of the older tapes.
- Fixed : When setting the background to black, it disappeared as soon as the next picture was displayed.
- Fixed : The screen was flashing while dragging it around with the left mouse button.
- Known issue : If the movie is paused on an animated picture and the user zooms in, the currently displayed frame is replaced by the whole texture, showing all the frames at once.
- Known issue : When watching a movie with subtitles while blindfolded with RLV 2.9 vision spheres active, the subtitles may fade out unless the screen is brought to the front.
To update your restraint and benefit from these changes, you need to go to one of these locations :
My Little Shop
Roper's Dark Playground
Once there, click on the updater and follow the instructions. You need to choose "REPLACE". Don't forget to save your times before requesting a replacement. If you do not get a "REPLACE" option, contact me (Marine Kelley) to get a manual replacement.
Replacement is needed because some changes occur in a child prim of the RemVision main object (the Tracks prim to be precise), and others occur in the screen. If you use the unrigged version of the lenses, no need to use the new ones and resize them, the old ones will still work just fine.
So that's the change list. Now, for the interesting part. Like I said above, most of these changes are fixes for bugs that arose when I made the older movies compatible with RemVision.
What movies am I talking about ?
These movies :
Rocket's Tail Part 1 and 2
The Wait Part 1, 2 and 3
All the other, more recent movies (Alis, New Life...) were already compatible with RemVision out of the box but the older ones were made a long time before RemVision was released.
If you are willing to update these movies in order to watch them in your RemVision (or force your sub to watch them in hers), it's easy.
Simply go to the Marketplace, then click on "My account", select "My order history" and locate the movies. For each one of them, click on "Redeliver item" and you'll get the updated product.
Remember, to copy a tape to your RemVision or that of your sub, click and hold on the tape after rezzing it to get the menu. If you simply click on it, it will look for a HD TV player to insert itself into.
Almost forgot, if you watch a movie with subtitles on RemVision, it's better to set the background to "black" instead of "none", because because of the dimensions of the pictures, the subtitles are displayed below them.
Have fun !