Tuesday, August 20, 2019

RLV 2.9.26.3

Hi !

Here is a new version of the RLV, a little in a rush because more and more people seemed to be impacted by the "gamma corruption" bug that crept into the SL viewer a few months ago.

This is a fix by Linden Lab for the SL viewer, I merely merged it into the RLV, hopefully this will fix the issue. It never happened to me, though, so I can't be sure, but I hope it will work for you.

Another change takes place when your vision is restricted with the outer sphere opaque, other avatars will no longer appear as gummy bears (aka jelly dolls) when close to the vision range, but 2 m farther than that, because this feature is meant to be an optimization to accelerate the rendering, not to be seen by the user at all. Please note that I completely forgot to mention that in the release notes, my bad.

I also switched the sound support from FMODex to FMODStudio, but this doesn't make a noticeable difference at least for me. Thanks to Chorazin Allen and Nicky Perian for letting me use their code from Kokua.

One last thing. Chorazin Allen is for the moment publishing the RLV on Mac and Linux (and also Windows but that's because this is his primary platform) on top of maintaining Kokua, taking the relay from Kittin Ninetail because her RL did not allow her to do it anymore. Thanks Chorazin !


You can grab the Windows version here :
http://www.erestraints.com/realrestraint/


The MD5 hash for the Windows executable is :
cde9e97cf612e1d34c081ffde9c82dc1


The Mac and Linux versions can be found here :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/kokua.team-purple.p/files/RLV/




Have fun !
Marine